Feb 17, 2009

Back to Playing

So after many months of morning sickness and extreme work-related tiredness, it appears I'm back to playing WoW. Fozec and I hit level 80 this past weekend after a whirlwind leveling process. Foz is a slavedriver, to be sure.

There's been a lot that's gone on since I last posted. My guild is in the process of shutting down. Basically recruiting for 25-mans on an rp server in a Wrath environment proved to be too much. A lot of people have already found new homes. There's still a small group that logs in under the Ascent name, though.

In the near future our plans are to form a new guild to do 10-mans a couple of times a week. I say that but we've already done 14/15 of Naxx and 0D Sarth in the 3 days we've been level 80. I've also accumulated 54 heroic badges, if that tells you anything. I wasn't kidding about Foz and his whip.

The reason I've been able to start playing again is because my doctor pulled me out of work. Being preggers with 2 boys takes a lot out of you apparently. Sleeping in and taking naps lets me behave more like a normal person. :)

I've updated my equipment wish list to reflect what I can hope to attain given the items I have access to. I'm not sure how I feel about the PvP 25-man raid items. I know SC has plenty of Horde groups that go. I'm just not sure that's something I want to get into. /sceered

Oh, and one last thing... I levelled cooking. Yes, I was stunned at the thought, too, but Critter Bites were calling me. I've also done pretty well with my JC and alch professions.

6 comments:

Christopher said...

~squint~

~blink~ ~blink~

Time to dust off the blog for a bit, eh? =)

I had heard of your knocking on KT's door, which is quite nifty for being your first weekend back in the thick of things. Was it Naxx or Naxx Lite you were hitting up? How do you like it as it compares to your brief romps through there before the Burning Crusade?

I don't know what it is about this expansion, but I just haven't been able to get motivated about putting together a gear list...

Valyre said...

It was Naxx 10-man. I have zero plans on doing any 25-mans, save maybe the occasional PvP boss guy.

Being in Naxx was surreal, to say the least. I thought I was going to have a panic attack when I saw A'nub. We spent SO much time wiping on him back in the day. hehe

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, and congratulations on the kiddos! Has to be exciting despite the discomfort.

I was sad to hear about Ascent's troubles... I hope the new guild proves to be a nice home for you once the dust settles.

MMOBay.net said...

Hi, Im interested in advertising on your site. I'm looking for textlink ads or blog posts. Please contact me if you're interested.

Unknown said...

Your welcome, we don't resort to feet that often. My boss said I am required to get her the recipe for the popcorn, so if I can get it it would be great. :)

My wife and I play LOTRO and she is a mezzer and I am a tank. We both like it.

WoW Mage Leveling Guide said...

Great write up.I had heard about expansion before while browsing.Currently I'm listing Mage, Shadow Priest, Death Knight, Prot warrior and Warlock best in slot PVE gear sets for Cataclysm heroics and raiding.Please give me an update.Thanks:)